Dr. Ronald K. and Sheila P. Powell

Dr. Ronald K. and Sheila P. Powell
Pastors of Crosswinds Christian and Counseling Center, Macon, Ga. (478) 254-3143

Friday, June 18, 2010

American Christianity?

I have served the Lord for over four decades. That is not to say that I have done it perfectly, but I have maintained a daily relationship and study the Bible as often as I can. I also try to put into practice all I have learned from God's Word, yet none of this makes me an acceptable Christian.


In America, we are taught to be self made successes. When we try to apply this same principle to our faith it just does not work.


God accepts Christ work as complete and accepts no man upon his on merits or righteousness. John 14 teaches Christ Jesus is the way the truth and the life and the only way to the Father God. Truth is we cannot earn what is freely given.


Earned Salvation? Then why does the American Church teach acceptance based on our performances? Just a Question! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment